Saturday, September 14, 2013

Buried Treasure


Some of the shots in Oblivion inspired this sketch. What an interesting idea huh? What if cities, which we think of as vertical, rising above us, were suddenly experienced as canyons? It's an unexpected flip on expectations.

I rather liked Oblivion. Granted I rented it with low expectations which is always a good setup for me. I happen to like many movies I may not have had I been hyped and paid out the wazoo in a theater for. For instance, I saw Elysium that way a few weeks ago and was bored out of my mind. It was just a waste of my time mostly. But, maybe I would have appreciated it more if I'd rented it with low expectations. I watched Oblivion a week afterwards and it felt refreshing compared to Elysium. I didn't think it was a great movie but it was interesting and engaging. As a sci-fi it showed me new things and fascinated me. What did you think of both?

I may have linked this guy before but check out that new sketch! I love it: http://pelengart.livejournal.com/

1 comment:

Tyler B said...

Awesome! as per usual.