Sunday, July 20, 2008

Enchanted progress ...


I've been working on this enchanted idea on and off for another month, sketching out different things as I search for a good angle on the story. I wanted my composition to be good this time so I took a break and worked on some composition studies as well in my spare time. Guys like Dean Cornwell and Juarez Mercado really help me out and I'll do quick line drawings and then value drawings from their work. The above image is the final drawing I'm working on painting now.

Sketch that finally got me really excited.

Sketch I almost went with.


I played around with the idea of critters being enchanted by her instead of a guy.

Color comp for a previous sketch.

9 comments:

The Helmsman said...

Awesome!
I found your blog when I was looking for sketches for inspiration and must tell you your talents are amazing!
Keep up a good job and continue posting your work.

Brian Miller said...

Dude the newest sketch you produced is awesome! That's gonna be one great finished piece! I love how passionate you were to devote yourself to finding the right composition and angle on this one. That tenacity paid off!

CAN'T WAIT FOR WEDNESDAY!! WOOO HOOOO!

Jeremy Elder said...

I must say that your final choice does have a lot more appeal than your other choices. I like the fact that you can see both of their faces, thus gather more information about what's going on. Her emotion is great - she knows she's being watch and might like it.

On another note, congrats about you know what. I'll give you a call sometime soon so that we can catch up on more than art.

Ramses said...

All you art work is fantastic and inspired!

cheers!

Alexander said...

Nice..... a like your style.... Your work is really good.!!!!!

Jose Darias said...

Great works here Hete , i love your art , and i like that fairy

see u!

ALUMOX said...

i have see your work on cgsociety,very very good!
i like your kind of drawing...
if you are not problem i want add your link at my blog!!

Tobias Schwarz said...

very nice!

Jeremy Deveraturda said...

very inspiring. :)