Monday, June 16, 2008

Drawins






I've been trying out some different brushes and techniques in an attempt to bring value to my sketches. I'd like to start thinking in light and dark before I finish a drawing so that the painting step isn't such a big leap from the sketch. In addition to just fooling around in my sketchbook I started sketching for a new illustration I'm doing called 'Enchanted'. I have a post down below with my first sketch for it. I've just been working out the story and figures at this point. I'd like to plan this one better because the last one I did I feel is held together by shoe-string and bubblegum, if that makes sense.

9 comments:

Gringo said...

i like how these experiments in technique turned out. you have some fine lines going in there... is it all digital?

Emrah ELMASLI said...

I like your lines man. Clean and easy to read. Black and white sketches are great...

Jeremy Elder said...

I dig the value studies. I especially appreciate the lower right version.

Jose Darias said...

Beautiful Hethe! , i like it a lot .
.And i can see that you worked hard dude

see u and congratulations!

Jason Seiler said...

Great work, love your sketches!

gustavo utria said...

great job, over all the backgrounds.

Infinity8Ball said...

he... I thought you called the "Darwins" at first. As if it was an evolution of art. ;^)

lostinarc said...

bravoooooo...man i love all yur works......fantasticcccc beautyfull creations...

funny-chikaliu said...

it's so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!