Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Enchanted


The Art Institute of San Diego has asked me to host an advanced drawing workshop for it's students and it looks like I'll be doing it May 24th. Don't hold me to that yet. I think it's only open to students but I'm not sure. I know there's a charge for it. I've never done anything like this so I'll make sure to prepare good. It's going to be weird. Hope I draw good that day. I hope it's not like giving a speech in front of class. I hated speech class. I like to teach though, so it should be fine. And like I said, I'll prepare. I've already got a basic game plan. This sketch is related to my next illustration.

3 comments:

Jeremy Elder said...

Congrats on the teaching gig! It reminds me of when we saw Justin Sweet's demo, but now you're Justin Sweet! I think you are actually quite natural at teaching and explaining what you do so you'll probably do fine. Just throw out some awesome opening statement and then draw something real cool and you'll have them in the palm of your hand. Simple right?

I know another artist who taped himself drawing/teaching a couple of times before he got to the actual class to see what he could accomplish and how it was going to flow. It seemed to help him prepare a lot.

BTW, I would love some feedback on my finished arm drawing when you have a sec.

Ryan said...

That's a cool opportunity. If it turns out it's open to anyone, would you post about it? It'd be a good excuse for Frankie, Ian and me to come down and say hey, and learn how to be more awesomer at drawling.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Paul. Hope its not to wierd to ask what you taught at the advanced drawing workshop. Just curious as to what kinda drawing skills are catergorised as advance. Would appreciate some brief details if you can spare the time...btw, really like your use of colors in your abstract environment speed paints.Cheers.