Sunday, December 2, 2007

Update



Glad you guys liked the last two sketches. I'm always trying my hardest to get better both artistically (what I'm saying, the emotive) and technically (the craft). It's so, so very hard I feel to do even one let alone both well. Been working slowly in some of my off time on my story Carnivale de la Sangre. Here are some color sketches where I'm trying to find my way. I went about this story really weird. So it's my own script but I'm still having a hard time visualizing it. For some reason when I write I come at things from a character's emotional perspective, like what is felt and said ... not exactly what is seen. I didn't notice this until I sat down to visualize this project. So anyway, I'm having a hard time solidifying these 'feelings' into actual places to paint but I'm making progress. Some of these images are more successful than others but each has something in it that is a marker for what I want to achieve at the end of this.

9 comments:

shellywan said...

wow~ impressive Hether~especially loke the bottom two! Hope our game look as good as this! ^___^

sw

Brian said...

Bbbbbbb!!

Very nice my friend . . . very nice indeed.

I know exactly what you're talking about on getting the feel instead of getting the image. That's such a difficult thing to work through (for me). I think I'll wait until you figure it out and then have you share the secret with me.

That bottom right corner of the sunset in the town - absolutely amazing. I want to be there. You should put that up big enough to make a desktop of it - then, using my wizard like photoshop skeullz, I'll use a photo of me and you to place us in the scene - so we can be BFF in the small mexican village, just like God intended. . .

Ramses said...

All the color and concept are fantastic!

MP said...

Fantastic all works!
:o

Germán said...

these are damn good, hether, looking forward for more

Infinity8Ball said...

I saw work with that writing style Hethe! So your character sees in "emotions?" Draw in "emotions" as well! Have things colored to personify the characters perception. Have buildings and people take shape not on how they are, but how your character sees them.

Who knows, perhaps you can draw everything in a first person kind of way if you want to really draw (no pun intended) that out!

Infinity8Ball said...

*say, not "saw"

Actually, you could get kind of deep with this. Like how humans see and understand things in relation to one another (and one's self). Whereas God knows things as they really are.

So you could "toggle" back and forth between how things really are, and the world your characters find themselves in, depending on who is speaking; narrator or 1st person?

docborland said...

It's interesting that you write from an emotion point of view, since your craft and talents are so visual. I actually write the exact opposite. I see the images and action in my head and write/describe what i see. i have a harder time with dialog cause there's not much dialog in my imagination, just a series of images and scenes. i sometimes feel like it would be easier to get ideas out of my head if i could draw like you, curse my untalented fingers.

Hethe Srodawa said...

Thanks guys! Eddie, I think think you misunderstood me but I'm glad you did because you came up with some pretty creative stuff. What I was trying to get at is that when I go to draw my story I realized that I only had a vague sort emotive feeling of the setting and my text was spent on dialog and action. For example the story opens in a little dusty Mexican town. That's all I had which seemed like plenty to draw from but when I went to draw it nothing was feeling like this fuzzy picture I had in my imagination. Doh!

Doc Borland? Is that you Aaron? I wish my imagination was as visceral as yours. Mine is fuzzy and full of 'feeling'. Teach me to draw a 'feeling'. ^__^